Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution includes storing and/or sharing given content on a server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glimpse at them. Thus, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you'd like to establish a blog, mail accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are often supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the load between independent groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you want to share a huge quantity of images with friends or associates since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your email box accounts. Some firms offer webspace hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to launch an email address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to keep a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At WebSoft Solutions, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific web content exclusively.